Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Headache: Day 3

I woke up with a migraine on Sunday morning. It took me several hours to get it to move from behind my left eye to the top of my head (a sign it was going away). And then yesterday, I'm guessing due to lack of sleep, a tension headache (no aura or eye pain) popped up just before my nap and lasted until around 6:30 p.m. last night.

I woke up this morning with the same headache. I ate breakfast and took some ibuprofen, hoping it would chase it away like it did  last night. But still no luck. I did make it to the gym today, but I walked on the treadmill for 2 miles (a little over 30 minutes). 

It was a day at the gym when I really missed my peeps. Blonde perfect girl ran in front of me and young able guy ran next to me. And he ran. If you caught last week's Private Practice where Pete and Addison went running and pumped up their treadmills to the 13-level range you know what I'm talking about. 

Me, I walk as fast as I can without falling off (yes, I've done that before) which is in the 4-level range averaging a 15.10-minute mile.

Definitely not as fabulous as my Lightning McQueen fast sister-in-law Jean, who ran the San Francisco marathon last week and apparently came in first in her age group and seventh out of 20,000 women, according to the Troll family calling tree. 

Young able guy, even decided to rub it in by doing a bit BACKWARDS. 

Then as I'm drinking my water and stretching two  more beautiful people run into each other in the hall (where is the 65+ crowd that I usually feel so comfortable with?) and one of them was six weeks post partum and looked amazing. Apparently, she went right into pilates, while three years afterwards, I'm still excited about a 2-mile walk where I feel the blood actually zinging through the capillaries in my butt and thighs reminding me that I've done something. 

I guess everyone has different issues. But I definitely think the biology has messed up the effort put forth to results obtained scenario. 

Oh, and the 65+ crowd -- today's only member was ice blue short woman with matching tank top going to pilates. She was toned and inspiring, and didn't at all scream "grandma!"

4 comments:

Amy said...

One of the many reasons I don't miss that gym. I think the 65 and over crowd joined the gym I go to now. It's pretty laid back. And they have a branch right next door to where you're going now. =)

Quigs78 said...

Sorry, dude. Tiny Tigers.

We'll be there tomorrow, though. I'll be the chubby, lumpy one on the elliptical watching the cougar and the employee-that-could-be-her-son get it on.

I love the gym!

Anonymous said...

LISTEN TO ME.

1. You are a rockstar at that place - you go all the time, you kick ass at your workouts and you look good doing it. Screw everyone else. You are strengthning your heart, pumping blood through your body and keeping your bones and muscles stong.

2. Blonde girl, and I know exactly who you are talking about, has cellulite. Look very closely. Her hair is extremely distracting. Also she doesn't do all that well in step class and will only take from instructors whose choreography she already knows.

3. The old people who look good are tan. They are not nearly as old as you think they are because their skin is sagging from years of tanning.

Staying anonymous because of my position but I think you can guess who I am.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say It sounds goofey but that head on headach glue stick like thing TOTALLY works.

-RF