Tuesday, October 7, 2008

When Cars Talk -- Mommy gets sad.

Yesterday, I picked X-man up from school. I was still feeling like crap, but he was all full of energy. We got outside of his classroom, and he turned to me and said something, "Muuusumms."

"What?"

"Mumsum."

"Try it again, baby. I'm sorry. Mommy's ears are a little plugged up."

"Mumssum. Musmuse, MUSMSUMS!"

Oh crap, I still don't understand and obviously this is important to him.

"MU-SZ-EEEEEE-UUUMMMM!"

"Oohhh!" I say smiling. "You want to go to the museum."

"Yes, museum, Mommy!"

"I'm sorry, sweetie they closed at 4 p.m. We have to go home."

"NO HOME! NO HOME! MUSEUM!"

Sigh. 

He cried all the way out of the building and to the car repeating the word he'd fought so hard to make me understand. When we got home and pulled into the garage, he again shouted, "NO HOME! NO HOME! MUSEUM!"

I sighed again, got out of the car and opened his door to unbuckle his carseat. He turned to the empty part of the garage. "Daddy?"

Crap. Did MacTroll tell him goodbye last night when he put him to bed?

"Daddy's at work, remember?"

"Daddy home! Want Daddy home!"

"I know, baby. Let's go inside and Mommy will build Mac and Doc houses out of Mega Blocks."

He drags his feet along the floor of the garage as we walk inside. He gets out his cars and lies down on his belly. I give him some watered down juice and start building. 

Two minutes goes by when Mr. The King (in X-man's left hand) says to Sheriff (in X-man's right hand), "Go Museum?" and Sheriff snaps back. "NO! Museum closed. Stay home!"

1 comment:

libbygirl said...

That is the biggest difference between two and three. Some of the behaviors start but the the questions and negotiations start.