Monday, July 28, 2008

Coming home

Okay, so I checked out promptly at noon, even though I could have hung out longer. I made it to the airport at 1 p.m. -- and it was pretty empty. So here I am at 1:30 p.m. sitting on the floor as my laptop charges on the only electrical outlet not already occupied near my gate. (Why can't airports learn they need to put at least a 4-outlet area at the end of every seating section these days? Seriously. This is an almost brand new terminal too.) 

Things I feel great about after my trip.

1.) The sleep count. I got no less than 10 hours and no more than 16 hours of sleep every day. Yeah, I was tired. No wonder I was grumpy.
2.) I had risotto with veal, portobello mushrooms and truffles last night for dinner at some ultra modern Italian fusion restaurant. It was by far the most expensive food on this trip, and well worth it. 
3.) If I lived in a city I would be much skinnier from all the walking.
4.) I would, however, be completely out hair producted by every man in the city.
5.) I miss riding a metro from time to time. It always feels good to know how to get around a city you've never lived in without looking like a moron.
6.) It is so much less of a hassle to travel by air by yourself versus with a family in tow. 
7.) Peter Gabriel, Columbo, Genesis (I'm guessing from before Peter Gabriel left) and Harry Potter were all over the radio/TV when I was here. Oh, yeah, and Hogan knows best.
8.) I found X-man a t-shirt and a mug at the Insectarium. I can't wait to hug him like crazy when I get home.
9.) I'm bringing back MacTroll memories of his youth in Geneva... like butter tarts remind me of Rondeau and my summers in Canada -- BLANK -- remind MacTroll of Europe.
10.) I have two weeks straight of crazy and then I can calm down and get back to my normal existence. So if you only catch me online -- and not in person. I'm so sorry. I promise I'm not snubbing you. 

1 comment:

libbygirl said...

Just caught up on your adventure. Sounds like you had an awesome time. Some how I don't think that I will get as much sleep on my upcoming "vacation"