Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mmmm, what time is it? Wait -- What do I care?

Last night I ended up falling asleep by 10:30 p.m. ET. I shut my vibrant funky blue curtains after spending some time checking out the numerous "beautiful, youthful people" making out on benches in the city park at the metro stop across the street. The Wunderbar at the W doesn't open until 10 p.m., and all the size 2 women in very short skirts and high shoes line up outside to get in with their way too pretty boyfriends. I'm guessing they're the reason that there's a key card required to get up into the hotel rooms from the lobby.

The large picture window has a bit of a ledge that I like to climb up into and watch the city. In the distance toward the St. Lawrence River the neon sign for Farine's Five Roses blinked away. It had been rumored that when the flour company was purchased a couple years ago that they'd shut down the sign. It's been on the city skyline for decades. I guess good signs die hard

I crawled into my king-sized bed with crazy expensive Egyption cotton sheets, put my head down on the pillow and got lost in 10 hours of dreamless, deep sleep. 

When I woke up this morning at 8 a.m., I couldn't decide if I was hungry or not. I think I've decided I am. In which case, I'm going to wander down to Eggspectations. I know they have them in the states, but it's close to my hotel (so I'm being lazy). 

Then I'm planning on doing some shopping at Addition Elle, Reitman's, Roots and Souris Mini. I also forgot to pack a second book, so I'll swing by Chapters (Canadian version of a Border's). MacTroll also requested a photo of the new Apple Store in Montreal that opened YESTERDAY.

I'm disappointed that I'm missing my friend AndrĂ© while I'm in town. Visiting Montreal is like a tortoise sundae at Jarling's (my favorite), it hits the spot and tastes all yummy. But my favorite part about the tortoise sundae is when I add whipped cream and bananas to my order. It goes from yummy to euphoric. 

Long story short -- André is definitely the whipped cream and bananas. A description, I'm pretty sure, he'd be pleased with. But alas, he's gone camping to -- wait for it -- Atlantic City.

Yeah, I said the same thing. 

That thing you're thinking. 



2 comments:

Quigs78 said...

Out of all the beautiful, interesting, cool things you're seeing and doing...

I'm the most jealous of the ten hours of uninterrupted sleep in a bed by yourself.

How sad is that?

:)

SunnyD said...

Don't think I don't entirely appreciate it. I'm still in bed... not really feeling the need to move much.