Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Signs that MacTroll isn't home

1. All of the drink glasses are washed and in the cupboard rather than spread throughout the house. 
 
2. He washed just enough clothes to take on his trip, left any leftovers stuffed in the laundry hamper to go back upstairs in the laundry room. The rest of his wardrobe that didn't make the "Crap, I really need underwear," wash is piled up in his area of the bedroom I like to call, "MacTroll's laundry corner." I wonder if Superman had this much of a problem.

3. The basement is a complete and total mess from  his afternoon watching X-man while I ran errands on Sunday. Even though BOTH of the people making the mess know  how to clean up after themselves.

4. There's enough milk in a 1/2 gallon for the whole week since no one is having 1/3 of a box of cereal each morning for breakfast.

5. I'm sick. Sore throat seems to have gone away, but I've still got the low grade fever and the body aches that make sleeping difficult.

That said...

He got another $200 hotel room where water was coming through the ceiling. This is a repetitive issue with him. He thinks he's cursed. Except when they move him to another room -- he gets corner suites with two showers... so, um, why do I feel bad for him again?

Oh, and as promised... the BIG BOY BED.

10 comments:

The Fearless Freak said...

Love the big boy bed! I'm sorry you are sick :( It always stnks to get sick in the summer, especially when you don't have your spouse around to help

Let me know if you need anything this week

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

What's with excessive milk usage? My husband fixes a huge bowl of cereal every morning and then fills it to the rim with soymilk.

Yeah for big boy beds.

SunnyD said...

I don't know. MacTroll's bowl always looks so huge next to my measured out 1 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 cup milk.

Misc said...

Love the big boy bed! Totally cool.

I tend to get possessive about my cereal. When Frank has a bowl - it's super full (when I measure out my 1 c. of cereal + 1/2 c. of milk).

~rachel~ said...

What a cool bed!! Mike is the same way w/ cereal, I don't like that much milk on mine. so don't get the need to fill it to the top so it's practically spilling out!
Hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

DUDE I totally have the same laundry issue Troll does, I fill the laundry basket when Freak is not looking, and PREY the things that I need are clean in the morning.

:)

-RF

Quigs78 said...

RF, you make me giggle.

And I think it's hysterical that you all have milk issues at your houses.

Then again, we don't eat cereal here, so I guess I'll never be able to walk that milky mile in your shoes.

SunnyD said...

Wait, um, abyss are you underneath the impression that I actually touch his laundry?

I'm a cruel, cold spouse (i.e. he's on his own with Mt. Dirty laundry).

Unknown said...

HUmm, no wonder I have never seen in the same shirt twice, he just keeps wearing new ones, not washing old ones.

:)

-RF

SunnyD said...

HAHAHAHA!

You don't even want to know how many pairs of jeans he has. It's ridiculous.

Once upon a time he had to be in Japan for 3 weeks at a time every month for six month straight. Apple doesn't pick up dry cleaning in Tokyo (where everything costs literally 3-4 times more than it does here -- imagine paying $9 for a tall frappucino like thing). Anyway, he decided it was cheaper to hit a bunch of big sales and just pack this EXTREMELY large suitcase to fit it all in.

Well, it's been since X-man's been alive since he's had to be anywhere for that long, but he still thinks he should have enough clothes, just in case!