Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weeeeee on the Wii

Tonight I Wiied for the first time at Rogers' house. I haven't played video games in a long, long time. And, of course, with the live action no sitting down rules... this was a whole new ballgame. 

I beat Rogers at tennis.
She beat me at golf. 
Then she trampled me at bowling.
Then she killed me at baseball.

Then we found the Wii fit option. I managed a 39 (which is only 7 years more than my real age -- which for a first time-ever player, I'm pretty proud of). Rogers (being a highly competitive, serious player of all games and just coming off three huge wins) was dismayed by her 62. 

So I'm pretty sure if we play again in a couple of weeks, she'll be like a 20 year old and kicking my ass in every game.

On a note, if you haven't Wiied before. I recommend not doing it around the toddlers. Perfectly appropriate and correctly used four-letter words just start flying out of your mouth, as a side effect of playing. Plus, when you're punching the daylights out of someone in the middle of a boxing tournament, you're not really watching your child. 

Curious J had been in bed a while, but I realized that I completely lost my "mommy eye" in the back of my head while I was playing. 

Either way, we played for like an hour and 30 minutes. I sweated a bit and left pretty happy to to go back and give it another go.

8 comments:

Quigs78 said...

When we first got our Wii, I was pregnant with PG and we would have bowling marathons after Bubba went to bed. We would get pretty violent and we didn't want to smack him in the head. :)

And then we'd wake up with Wii shoulder in the morning. :)

The Fearless Freak said...

Older kids aren't really safe either. I busted The Boy in the back of the head, a few weeks ago, while we played a particularly violent game of tennis. He kept backing up and backing up and hten next thing I know he is standing right were I swung. Poor kid, I felt so bad, but I did end our gaming for the day.

Amy said...

That sounds fun! I've been wanting to check out Wii Fit. I'll have to talk to you more about it next time I see you. You rock with your 39 =)

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

That and your fit age goes up proportionally with the number of toddlers circling your feet!

makeup_girl said...

I only play mine when the kids are in bed too. Sometimes, I let Ella play when Grayson is sleeping. She likes the cow-riding/racing game and bowling.

You should search You-Tube for Wii accidents.....it's hilarious!

Jenna said...

We like Wii but not enough to get one. I would love to see the Fit.

Can you email me, I have a question for you.
Thanks.
Jenna

SunnyD said...

Okay, tennis made my back sore in a whole new way!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I Wiied for the first (and only) time a couple of weeks ago at a friend's house. I sat out from Rock Band before the Wii came out, but then I was all in. It might have been the drinks, but my anti-video-game attitude when right out the window. Luckily I was able to hold onto the controllers :) My favorite was boxing. My friend WAS a bit worried by me though. I seemed to get a dangerously close to her new, pricey TV. And, the girl who owns it says she thinks at least 10 lbs of her weight loss is due to the Wii. Go kick some virtual rogers' butt!! ;)