Monday, July 21, 2008

Sighs and oral fixations

Another day I had completely open to paint my fence... ruined by more rain.

I guess it's okay, cause I don't quite feel up to par again today. Xander's not even up yet, and usually I wake him if he's not up by 7:15 a.m. But this morning, I think I'll let him sleep until he wakes up on his own. He's had a long weekend. 

He ended up spending all of yesterday in some state of pajamas and diaper or just diaper. I don't think he minded. But I did notice that he was putting everything in his mouth. He has all of his teeth, so I'm not quite sure what the oral fixation is about.

But he was chewing on a pencil and on CD cases at one point. So I took them away and gave him a cold wet towel. He shoved it in his mouth. When it got luke warm he moved on to his blanket. Then the back of one of the kitchen chairs. In between he'd chomp on some grapes or bread with butter or raisins. He didn't want a full meal, but his "big meal" was at breakfast when he ate a whole 8" Belgian waffle by himself. 

I think I'll spend some time vacuuming and picking up today. It also looks like the replacement rail for X's new bed will arrive from Fed Ex today. So hopefully, I can get the bed together myself, and not have big pieces of metal wrapped in plastic and cardboard leaning against the walls in X-man's room.

Update: Feelings of exhaustion are apparently accompanied by a low grade fever and some body aches today. I think I'll be taking a nap shortly.

Update on the update: I couldn't nap. Right after I posted the Fed Ex person came. So I heaved my extra parts upstairs and put X-man's bed together. It looks very comfy (I'll post photos later). When I was done, my throat hurt. So now I'm eating watermelon (cause it's all that looks good) and then I'm going to nap and pick up the kiddo around 4:30 p.m. Cause I think I'll need the sleep.

4 comments:

The Fearless Freak said...

So what time did he end up getting up?

MT periodically goes through chewing stages where she either eats everything in site or starts chewing on toys and things. Chewing gum helps, if you are willing to try it with X-Man.

We started with little pieces and big lectures about keeping the gum in her mouth. She does okay most of the time with it now. :)

SunnyD said...

He woke up about 5 minutes to 8 a.m. We got to school a little late and with a bit of a tantrum about getting in the car. But he was fine when we got there.

Misc said...

Oooo, it sounds like you have the ick that made the rounds here. I really hope yours doesn't morph into what Frank had.

Get some rest, if you can.

Quigs78 said...

Poor Loosey. If you need help with X this week while MacTroll is gone, call me. Seriously.

Or if you want me to make you some soup (and by make, I mean buy), I will.

Smooches!