Saturday, July 5, 2008

Hard Knocks

"Excuse me, did you see a wagon go by here? I lost focus for one minute to look into the sweet face of temptation, fell off, ate myself into gluttony, felt shame and now am trying to figure out how to find my wagon so I can climb back on, and change my behavior."

That's right. I looked into the face of a no weight loss last week and responded by walking 4.25 moderate miles on Monday, 2 moderate miles on Tuesday, 2 brisk miles on Wednesday (with a trip to Curves) and went to Curves on Thursday only to claim Friday as my "well-deserved body rest day" and to fall hook, line and sinker into eating two desserts (yummy eclair cake and yummy frozen strawberry cake), a cheeseburger and as much cucumbers and fruit as I could swallow on July 4. 

I'm not sure what I did eat was outside of my point limit. It didn't feel like over indulging, since I know my quantities were small. BUT I stopped counting my points all day yesterday and all day today. 

I started fine at breakfast. I was going great at lunch and then in the face of a fun social atmosphere, I jumped off the truck wholeheartedly to reward myself with -- Food. And it was awesome food. I feel guilt because I'm one of those, but I also know I just have to wake up, learn from my behavior and start over a stronger woman. 

This week, I have more mental challenges ahead. Namely, in addition to my regular workout schedule, I HAVE to get back on the wagon and write down my food BEFORE I eat it. 

But mostly, I'm going to be miserable and grouchy while doing Mr. Miyagi's training regimen. I was out there for two hours today, and almost got four panels of fence done on one side in two hours.

Tomorrow, I have weekend cookout number 2. I'm imagining it's going to go better in the diet category for three reasons. 1) The hostess is also on Weight Watchers. 2) One of the other guests is vegan, I believe. 3) There is a swimming pool, that if X-man has his way, I will never get out of (and neither will he, if Ms. Thang's splasher pool was any indication on Friday.) 

Other things I have to look forward to this summer: two weddings, a family reunion of sorts and KTDID visiting. Lots of food/temptation hoops to jump through. But Misc and Quigs might be making my life easier by giving/loaning me their retired bike trailer and bike (respectively).

And is it me, or have folks around town and online been on a pretty serious anti-Shampoo-Banana trip lately? It can't be the glorious weather, can it? (Everyone pushing 30-42 weeks of pregnancy is, of course, exempt from needing to explain their moods.) But seriously, I need like a damn ray of positivity or two. Anyone out there got one to shine my way? 

I think I just need to find a yoga class that meets during the daytime (between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.). Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking at the Modified Hatha class at the Living Yoga Center from 12:30-1:30 p.m. since that's where I took my regular Hatha (before I messed up the tendons in my feet wearing bad shoes while pregnant) and my Introduction class.

As an awesome sidenote: MacTroll and I celebrated 16 years together today by taking X-man to see Wall-E. He did GREAT and loved the movie. As he walked out of the theater holding the plastic popcorn bucket we borrowed from Rogers, he looked like such a big boy. Mostly he just wanted, "More Wall-E, Mama. More — puh-leeeease?"

10 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a yoga place on main in Urbana if you are seriously looking.

Luck
-RF

Quigs78 said...

Happy 16 Years Together Day!

Have so much fun tomorrow! The best part of the festivities is the friends, not the food! (Although the food was pretty awesome yesterday.) :)

libbygirl said...

Happy Anniversay!! I think it is so cool that we get to celebrate on the same day. If McColin goes one whole day with no accidents, then we are suppose to take him to the movies (Kung Fu Panda or Wall-E). He's a big fan of the popcorn, too. I loved being in Champaign this weekend. There were no lines anywhere. I mean seriously we breezed through the store, the mall and dinner with no waiting. Plus we got to hang out with our friends a couple of times.

SunnyD said...

It's true. At the 11:15 a.m. showing of Wall-E this morning we were one of four families in the whole theater. And MacTroll and I like to sit in the third row, so they were all near the back of the theater. It was like we had our own showing.

Plus, I loved that kids under 3 were free.

Anonymous said...

Hey Looseyfur, read your last post, wanted to tell you that I actually like it here. Very much. Anyhoo, good luck with dieting, it can be almost impossible sometimes!

N

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Oh, um, sorry. I brought the apple pie. I didn't have time to cook so I ran into Schnuck's on the way out of town. I didn't even eat any of it. But my daughter insisted that we bring it home with us, so I am afraid I'll be hitting it after dinner.

I signed up for WW online and have not been diligent about counting. WW totally worked for me in the past. I just wish I had the time/energy to give it 100% attention right now.

I love Living Yoga Center and Deb Lister. I wish it would fit into my schedule. And of course it's better than doing yoga on the Wii!

It was good meeting you and your family today!

Amy said...

It was great to meet you - I felt an immediate kindred thing going on. And thank you for excusing my anti-Chambana mood!

SunnyD said...

Leeanthro -- don't worry about the apple pie. I managed to eat completely good things today minus one little mini cupcake. For that, I'm pretty proud of myself. It was very nice getting to meet you in person. Your kids are pretty darn awesome too.

Mrs. Chicken -- It was lovely to meet you, too. We'll definitely have to have lunch soon. Let me know when you've plowed through some of your writing projects and won't feel completely overwhelmed giving up an hour to jibber jabber. Poo is delightful. It was sweet of her to hand me the flower today. As for being anti-Chambana, it's kind of like we talked about at the table. It's all about where our people are. As I get older, my people keep moving around the globe, which makes things tricky.

My favorite sister-in-law lost her father to lung cancer when she was 7 months pregnant. She had a lot of the similar emotions (and still does) about the experience. So wanting to feel that connection for Pool makes perfect sense to me. Tell Shaggy to stop kicking you in the ribs. It's not nice... and you'll remember it later on. :-P

Anonymous said...

That yoga class looks great. Jenna rocks.

You did much better than I did food-wise on the 4th! I splurged on sugar while at the movies (Gonzo)--frozen Coke and Twizzlers--and then went to Aunt Valarie and Uncle Pete's fish fry last night. Yummy. Ever had parrot fish??

Jenna said...

I knew I was going to eat a bit worse this weekend but I think I did ok. I made a 'healthier' pound cake for our blueberry shortcake and made the kids eat the leftovers the next day. I didn't make a ton of potato salad..just enough for dinner and the next day. I also made myself hit the gym on Sat.

Living Center is good. It is very serene there. We offer yoga at the Fitness Center but you have to be a member...but we have morning and evening classes.

I love CU...we are having a very enjoyable summer here!