Thursday, July 24, 2008

God, my ass feels good

So I woke up at 5:45 a.m. and weather.com said it was 57 degrees. The air got turned off. The windows were opened. It's too nice not to be outside. At 6:45 a.m. X-man came running into my room. He had gotten up during the night around 4 a.m., but we'd gone back to his room and I laid with him until he fell back to sleep in his own bed. (I really think I'm a genius when it comes to the whole full bed, big boy bed thing and his 2-year-old neediness issues. I guess it balances out how I feel about my parenting when it comes to the other B-issues.)

Anyway, he was smiley and happy. We went downstairs and he ate an entire L'Eggo cinnamon toast and 3 pieces of veggie sausage but didn't touch his grapes. Then he played Matchbox cars for a bit while I let the dog out, fed the cats, gave Mini-Me her IV fluids, fed the dog, ran the laundry and took care of the dish situation.

Curious George came on long enough to watch an episode so we could change into a fresh diaper and get dressed and then I announced we were going to the bike.

I handed X-man his snack cup of grapes that he didn't eat earlier  and a full sippy cup of watered-down AJ and out we went. (Riley is still pissed at me. My dog loves the car ride to school each day.)

So what does any of this have to do with my ass, you ask?

I just biked 5 miles. On the way there I pulled an extra 35.4 lbs (X-man wanted to use the scale this morning). On the way back I put it in high gear and peddled like a maniac. I also got passed by some serious wheelchair bikers. They were cruisin'. 

So now, as I type (before I head off to WW for my weekly weigh in with 32 oz of water in my belly) my butt is all tingly and happy. And my calves look like calves. Seriously, there's actual definition. They're not just doughy lumps. Sure, in five minutes they won't look that way to me any more, but right now, they're perfect. MacTroll would gasp that I might even look like I have ankles (instead of my dreaded cankles -- cankle body types unite!).

Mostly, I'm happy to report that X-man was happy the entire time this morning. Happy about everything. Nice to me. Sweet to me. 

Okay, now I have a whirlwind of crap to get done before i leave for Montreal tomorrow.

If you're good, I'll post something from there with photos. :-P

P.S. LOOK MA -- NO LIST!

5 comments:

Quigs78 said...

Oh my god. The energy from your post is seriously jumping out of my computer and punching me in the face. :)

Yay for a good morning! Awesome way to start a chaotic day! And yay for a vacation that starts tomorrow! :)

Misc said...

You. are. AWESOME!!!

Keep up the good work.

I'm cheering you on from "Ft. Lauderdale". ;-)

Lavender Lemonade said...

Woo-hoo! You go, Biker Babe!

Lindsay said...

You rock, oh, and could you send some energy my way? And also some vacation.

Have a wonderful time on your trip.

makeup_girl said...

I went to the gym with Quigs this morning. After a mile on the treadmill I thought of you because...OMG I could feel my ass! It was a wonderful feeling!