Saturday, July 26, 2008

"Everything will always be alright when we go shopping!"--Barenaked Ladies

So, I went out today and hit all of my stores and found nothing I liked except for two books. Both, if they go well, would be really awesome additions to the book club for CARE. But I'll read them first and see if they fit the bill. 

I'm sweaty and hot after walking for 2 and a half hours. I stopped for breakfast. At home, if you don't get to Le Peep by 9 a.m., you have to wait. Apparently, Montrealers (maybe since most of them at the restaurant were in their 20's and the one I ended up at is right next to the McGill campus) don't care as long as they're there by 11 a.m. So at 10:30 there was no line. At 11:01, there were 40 people standing outside the door and another 10 in the door. 

I noticed this about the W too. I guess since the Wunderbar (I always want to type Wunderbra) closes at 3 a.m., they figure no one in their right minds is going to check out at noon. So they offer late check outs. I have one on Monday at 4 p.m. 

So, the plan is to take a nice cool shower and put my feet up while reading, "An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England" by Brock Clarke. We're expecting rain this evening.

If it's raining heavy, I may have to eat at the hotel restaurant, which I don't want to do, because I feel funny eating at a table with a tablecloth by myself. And I can take my laptop to a café... not so much downstairs (at least without getting crazed looks).

Oh, and MacTroll, I got a photo of the Apple Store for you. I stumbled on it when I noticed FIFTEEN other people taking photos of a building. I looked up to see what the deal was and saw the logo, smiled sheepishly and took out my camera too.

It's a store people.

1 comment:

Amy said...

People in my neighborhood often take pictures of wierd things too...like, tree bark. It's odd, but hey, to each his/her own.