Monday, July 28, 2008

Sweet Home Savoy!

X-man and MacTroll met me at the airport. X-man pointed at me and then said, "Mama downstairs!" When I got to the bottom of the escalator, X-man looked at me and then covered his eyes and started crying. He instantly ran over to me for lots of hugs and I got my whiff of my first poopy diaper in 4 days.

X-man took a bath with me tonight after consuming 1/4 of a seedless watermelon and getting uber sticky. 

We put him to bed at 9:30, but -- in MacTroll's words -- "He's too excited about seeing you. I'll lay with him."

So now I'm sitting here in my own bed while the laundry runs downstairs cleaning everything I own (and don't own -- Quigs thanks for the pants they worked great!), so I can pack up again and take X-man up to Rockford to my mom's place. We're going to try and help her out after her surgery on Wednesday. 

I know X-man isn't a baby any more. But he's still my baby. When I see him, I see this big kid using sentences and singing songs and running and jumping. But he's still my baby.

You, too, can see my boring pictures of montreal by going here.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awww that is so cute!

I need a vacation to appricate my kids more and maybe they'll appricate me a little bit. Ah, probably not =)

Glad you made it home safely.